We are bringing together 7 phenomenal speakers to help you get inspired, take action, and set daring goals. They will share clear innovation strategies and help you discern fashion from fad. Here are just some of the highlights:
Kicking off our New Year, Richard Maryniak from Black Swan Data will share with us insights from their trend detection algorithm to de-risk innovation and NPD in 2018.
Watch David Hood, Head of Innovation at Happen, explain why understanding what frustrates and excites consumers is more important than ever for innovators.
Mark Berrisford-Smith, Head of Economics for HSBC, will unravel the opportunities and threats of Brexit.
We will then find out what trends inspired young entrepreneur, Stuart Macdonald, from ManiLife to bring his product to market, his timeline, journey and what’s next for this award-winning challenger brand.
David Vardy, MD at Vantedge Consulting, will delve deeper into the retail landscape and how it has changed, looking at new opportunities with convenience, discounters and online.
Susanne Kistler, Head of Business Development at Tiptree, will be sharing how trends and opportunities have meant Tiptree have had to make changes to their business, and what some of these changes were…
Stacey Howe, Head of Food at En-Route, is set to explore trends in the industry right now and how they are influencing consumer decisions.
Government action shapes and disrupts trends – what will the next few years will look like food wise?
Join us for a day of insights into what the future tastes like.
Agenda & Speakers
WHAT’S EXCITING AND FRUSTRATING CONSUMERS WHEN IT COMES TO TASTE AND FLAVOUR?
- Why is understanding Frustration and Excitement more important than ever for innovators?
- What is the language of taste and flavour in today’s world?
- How are consumers visualising the world of taste and flavour?
- Key tips and tactics for NPD.
- The big ‘why’s’ behind the big trends.
THE STRUGGLE’S SILVER LINING – HOW MANÍLIFE WENT FROM A BEDROOM FULL OF PEANUTS TO BREAKING A CROWDFUNDING RECORD.
- A light-hearted insight into the nitty gritty of starting a food business.
- The knowledge that if ‘this guy’ can do it you probably can too.
- Juggling the passion and being a desk jockey.
- How to run a successful crowdfund.
- The long-term benefits of the struggle.
PROFITING FROM THE EVOLUTION- KEY TRENDS IN GROCERY RETAIL
- Current market dynamics.
- Addressing some of the key changes in shopper behaviours.
- How have missions and shopping styles changed?
- What might we do about it all?
CHERRY-PICKED INNOVATION- THE STORY OF THE HERITAGE BRAND TIPTREE
- Get to know the world of Tiptree jam
- The power and challenges of being a heritage brand
- Our entrepreneurial approach to innovation
- Using trends and opportunities to reach out to new customers
- 9:00Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 10:00Conference begins
- TBCLunch & Breaks
- 16:00Conference finishes