Our April seminar on Tuesday 25th April 2017 promises to be a really good one and the title says it all… Everything You Need to Know About Taste But Were Too Afraid To Ask.
We’ve brought together an outstanding group of industry professionals’ to guide us through the maze of what is Taste. Plus Good Sense Research has undertaken a unique piece of research on our behalf – so even more of a reason to join us on the 25th.
As-ever attendees will be sitting on table teams and moving tables throughout the day, so if you join us you’ll will be properly meeting twenty or so peers working in food & drink.
Agenda & Speakers
THE EMERGING HEALTH PALATE - ARE WE TAPPING INTO THE TASTE BUDS OF THE MASSES OR CREATING NEW BUT REGIONAL NICHES?
- Learning’s from LA – where are new tastes in healthy food and drink heading?
- The key ingredient trends hot footing their way in healthier choices
- Consumer perspectives on new healthier foods – is taste being compromised in the quest to deliver healthier?
- 10 new tastes in healthy foods – ‘Healthy lifestyler’ feedback and insight
- How consumers think and feel about taste a unique piece of research specially commissioned for this event
- What’s important to customers – video montage and results of the research.
- Live interactive session.
Director, Food Innovation Solutions Ltd. Business Innovator, Food Innovation Consultant & Food Industry Expert
- A Multisensory approach to developing taste why it’s important – how we actually taste
- Using all the senses to communicate taste – how to develop a multisensory product
- How food science & psychology can be used as a source of innovation
- Trends In the foodservice world that will impact FMCG in the future
THE SCIENCE BEHIND TASTE
- Examples of taste compounds on the EU Union List?
- What are taste modifiers and how are they different from taste enhancers?
- Compounds that modify the taste of sugar, salt and bitterness
- Understanding synergy to produce the optimum umami taste
- What is kokumi and how can it be exploited?
THE IMPACT FLAVOUR CHEMICALS AND INFLUENCES ON TASTE PERCEPTION
This will be a great practical session examining:
- The effect of flavour strength
- The importance of balancing additional ingredients in a recipe
- Other external influences on how something tastes
- And playing tricks with your taste buds
WHAT ENCOURAGES CONSUMERS TO TRIAL NEW FLAVOURS?
- What are the types of flavours consumers find interesting and appealing?
- The impact of street foods on savoury flavour trends
- Emerging flavour trends in sweet food categories
- Attitudes to sugar and sweeteners
WHY FOOD PAIRING IS MORE THAN A PASSING TREND
- Food & flavour pairings – history & basic principles
- More than a fad – Why pairings should be taken seriously
- The growing importance of experiential consumption
- Commercial advantage: examples across flavour development, merchandising and partnership
- Do try this at home: perfect pairings for you to experience…
HOW UNDERSTANDING THE SPECTRUM IMPROVES THE EXPERIENCE
- Taste as a sensory spectrum
- If Umami is #5 then what are # 6 & #7?
- Consumer behaviours around new tastes – neophobes vs neophyles in taste
- US and Japan – global leaders in Taste dynamics – what can they teach us about working with ‘New Tastes’?
Director, The Marketing Clinic
Table team brainstormings through the day with your peers to thrash through some of the issues and reach new insights.
And a chance to win a magnum of finest champagne.
- 8:30Door opens
- 8:45Breakfast for all
- 09:30Event begins
- 16:45Event finishes
Complete the form below to register your place and a member of our events team will be in touch shortly
Thanks for registering for the Everything You Need to Know About Taste …. We'll follow up shortly with the administration and payment details.