Never before have the stakes been so high in food and drink. ‘The Grocer’ OC&C Global 50 report confirms that the world’s major FMCG players are struggling to grow – with margins under pressure from rising costs, retailer deflation & ‘crafty whippersnappers’ taking share.
It is now imperative that NPD commands greater profit margins, which means that it has to successfully deliver against ‘premium’. But what does premium mean today? We can all agree that it means more than mere quality – but what else, and how is it changing?
In this hugely important conference, we will bring fresh, original research together with case studies, illuminating speakers and some challenging questions.
Can you afford not to be there?
Agenda & Speakers
Overview of the day understanding Premium
Is Premium a thing?
- Trend analysis analysing purchasing behaviour in key categories over time
- What categories have traded up successfully, and how
- Attitudes and usage insight from KANTAR’s powerful household panel
Kantar world panel
- Results of a brand new immersive U.K study
- What brands do consumers deem premium and why?
- Big picture perspective with pithy insights. It’s the little things that mean most!
How to use Semiotics to reach the System 1 brain and communicate premium
- Using semiotics to identify signs, codes & symbols that deliver premium in your category
- How to identify which signs, codes and symbols best match your desired brand meaning
- The possibilities for your brand to create premium differentiation with key examples
The Psychology of Premium: the reasons people pay more (but can’t or won’t say!)
- Understanding the psychological motivations that drive consumption of premium products
- 5 psychological insights that can be foundations for innovation success (including Conspicuous, Tribal, Hedonic consumption)
- A series of case studies to show how these universal insights are being brought to life today
Tom Warner | Co Founder – Warner Edwards Gin Distillery
- 2 years on where are we now
- Keeping it in the family
- What makes this brand Premium
- Our stand out differences
- What makes artisan gins the-go-to drink
Joyce and Raissa de Haas | founders, Double Dutch Drinks
- From frustration to business and how Double Dutch was created
- Spirits premiumisation and the opportunity in the mixers market
- Flavour pairing techniques, unique flavours and superior ingredients to create premium drinks
- Defining packaging, distribution and perception
Matthew McAuliffe – Head of Product Development & Inspiration Unearthed & James Harmer – Head of Insight Touch
- Unearthing a world of flavour
Table team brainstormings through the day with your peers to thrash through some of the issues and reach new insights.
And a chance to win a magnum of finest champagne.
- 8:30Doors Open
- 8:45Breakfast for all
- 9:30Seminar begins
- TBCCoffee/Buffet lunch/Tea
- 4:30Event Finishes
Complete the form below to register your place and a member of our events team will be in touch shortly
Thanks for registering for the Premium. We'll follow up shortly with the administration and payment details.