This May we’re going to be looking into the important question of how to Better Connect with the Emerging Consumer #Millennials.
It’s our first ever conference focusing on Gen Y (Millennials) and Gen Z (13-17 years) and over the course of the day we will be looking at how emerging patterns of consumption are impacting many established categories and brands.
We will look at and unravel how Millennials are reputedly disrupting the grocery trade and explore the most powerful ways you can engage with these new consumers. This will be an immersive, authoritative and challenging day and you will come away with a clear view on how you can create better strategies
Andrew Wardlaw, MMR Research Worldwide, is in the chair and he has brought together a really eclectic team of experts to help us really get into the head space of this generation. We have also commissioned a fabulous piece of research on this cohort that will be revealed on the day. For a taster Katherine Shade, Kantar Worldpanel, will be defining the new behaviours. Whilst James Hirst, Rare Design, will help you uncover your ‘Soft Power’ and why it should be your new best friend.
The rest of this brilliant line-up of speakers is below so please take a quick look. And as-ever you will be sitting on table teams and moving tables throughout the day, so you will be meeting at least twenty or so peers working in food & drink.
Agenda & Speakers
HOW TO DRIVE ENGAGEMENT WITH MILLENNIALS
- Results of a major U.K study probing Millennials in relation to Generation X and Baby Boomers
- Defining macro mind sets and assessing how different Millennials really are
- Probing consumer perception of 20 leading food & drink categories
- Recommending how to better connect with a distracted generation
DEFINING THE BEHAVIOUR OF YOUNGER CONSUMERS
- Drawing on KANTAR’s unrivalled panel expertise
- Illumination of what younger consumers are actually doing
- Special analysis including the revolution in snacking behaviours
- Expert opinion of the emerging trends to watch
Kantar world panel
THE RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD AND DRINK
- Revealing the truth with immersive video content
- Experience how emerging consumers shop, prepare and consumer food & drink
- Learn about key influences, typical days and the importance of social connection
- What brands go beyond function and have earned the right to be ‘cool’
WHAT FOOD TREND DEFINE THE MILLENNIAL?
- The Millennial consumer – what’s changed?
- What are the trends define the Millennial consumer?
- The impact Millennial consumers are having on the food and beverage market as a whole and future considerations
DISRUPTING THE DISRUPTIVE - THE SHOPPER PERSPECTIVE
- Learn how retail is responding to changes in shopping behaviour
- How can brand owners adapt?
- Examples of ‘best in class’ practice
CREATING PRODUCTS FOR THE EMERGING CONSUMER
- Categories are developing faster than ever before – just to stand still
- How are progressive brands stepping up to the mark?
- Explore the dynamics of ‘new health’, experience and authenticity
WHAT TO DRINK WHEN YOU'RE NOT DRINKING
- What to drink when you’re not drinking. 1/3 Millennials across London do not drink!
- Hear the inspirational story of one man who saw a need and took on a mission to solve it
- Gain an understanding of the role of sensory cues
- Experience the product!
USING SOFT POWDER TO CONNECT WITH A NEW GENERATION
- What is ‘soft power’ and why is it your new best friend?
- Experience case studies that highlight your brand’s hidden potential
- See why design should not be underestimated in your strategy to connect
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? SECRETS OF GENERATION Z
- Millennials are of the moment, but where are we heading?
- Happen has spent seven years striving to understand what moves and shakes the generations around us
- Learn how Generation Z (13-17 years) engage with all aspects of their lives and their aspirations for the future
- 8:30Doors open
- 8:45Breakfast for all
- 9:30Seminar begins
- TBCCoffee/Buffet lunch/Tea
- 4:45Event finishes
Complete the form below to register your place and a member of our events team will be in touch shortly
Thanks for registering for the Better Connect with the Emerging Consumer #Millennials. We'll follow up shortly with the administration and payment details.