Is Flavour the Key to a Successful Product Launch? | 25th September 2018
Chair: Jane Milton
Flavour is arguably one of the most defining qualities of any food or drink product and certainly has a strong influence over choice, but is flavour the key to a successful product launch?
On 25th September, seven qualified experts in their field will unearth insights around consumers and their response to flavour, helping us to better understand this crucial topic.
Here’s a taste of what to expect…
Pippa Bailey, Head of Innovation at Ipsos, will look at the hard facts and figures from the industry, unpicking what’s happening in ‘flavour’ right now and what to expect in the future…
Then we will be joined by Lindsey Solomons, Co-Founder of NPD Edge, a food and drink consultancy business which helps people unlock growth opportunities and develop new products. Lindsey will build upon the information we learn from Pippa, helping us to establish new ways of working effectively.
Jack and Harry Mayhew, Founders of Ember Snacks, will talk about how flavour has shaped their product and how it sets them apart from the rest in an increasingly competitive snacking market.
Daniela Busseni, Head of Category Management at Premier Foods, will follow, sharing flavour insights from Premier’s point of view and in the context of their sweet products.
Our fifth speakers will be Lorna Davidson and Catherine Parkin of The Mothership Group. Lorna will give us a ‘flavour’ of how businesses can maximise their chances of success through exciting taste and ingredients.
Then Steve Baxter, flavour genius and Director of H E Stringer, will delve into why we use flavours, the technical challenges and the flavour services that facilitate NPD.
Last but most certainly not least, Marlena Spieler, Author and Journalist, will tell us about her flavour journey after an illness left her unable to taste anything.
Want to know more? Contact Georgia@fdin.org.uk with any questions.
Reserve your seat here.
Agenda & Speakers
HOW FLAVOURS ARE DELIVERING COMFORT, INDULGENCE AND HEALTH
- Uncovering the macro societal trends as inspiration for flavour innovation.
- In what way are changes in lifestyle and behaviour shifting the ground rules to play by?
- Where are we in the ever-changing fashion for flavours?
START-UP BRANDS HOLY GRAIL: DELIVERING INCREDIBLE AND CONSISTENT FLAVOUR
- Three pillars of start-ups: brand, product & supply chain.
- The relationship between flavour and category maturation.
- Identifying when consumers are ready to explore.
- Consistent and great quality wins meetings: the importance of the supply chain.
- Delivering functionality and flavour to consumers.
Jack & Harry Mayhew
Co-founders | Ember Snacks
Lorna Davidson & Catherine Parkinson
Directors | The Mothership Group
FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH – THE REALITY!
- NPD & maximising sales in the first 12 weeks.
- The need for availability and visibility.
- Driving sales in retail and being creative.
- The power of the crowd.
- 9:00Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 9:40Conference begins
- 16:00Conference Finishes