We all know It’s never been easier to get information and data and there’s never been more demand than ever to innovate and develop new products to satisfy ever more demanding consumers. Yet it seems ever harder to find great insight, especially when budgets and time are forever being squeezed.
Insight for Innovation and NPD in uncertain times is the topic we will be exploring at our usual venue of The Holiday Inn, on Coram Street in central London. Throughout the day and we will cover off the following themes:
● How to turn insight into action – and why many good ideas don’t happen
● How to innovate for a Millennial audience
● Food fads and fake news – with so many consumers believing pseudo-scientific claims about food and rejecting ‘Big Food’ how do we innovate honestly and effectively?
This day is about understanding your market. It will take lessons from leading innovators, trend forecasters, analysts and how VR (Virtual Reality) is coming down the road and what that looks like? We will take a look at why there is so much fake news out there and the influence it has.
Dr Nick Southgate, consumer researcher and planner, is chairing the event along with Richard Savage, The shopper Experience Company. Nick is surely one of the world’s main thought leaders on all things consumer insight and Richard is a specialist retail and shopper intelligence and insight expert.
They have brought together a fantastic crew of speakers for the day please see the line-up below
As ever there’s an early bird discount of 10% and also a team price if you want to have two or three people there. I would suggest you make it a team event if you can. If you are a freelancer, or a very small company or want to pay straight away by credit card we might be able to offer you a further discount.
And as-ever you will be sitting on table teams and moving tables throughout the day, so you will be meeting at least twenty or so peers working in the food & drink industry.
Agenda & Speakers
Food Fads, Fake News, Fashionable Nonsense and the plight of brands in the modern world
- How do we really make decisions about food and nutrition?
- Are people making different decisions about brands?
- Who do we trust now?
- Is trust broken and what does that mean for food brands?
Selling seaweed from opportunity to launch
- How to be more creative with your new product development
- Cost effective yet commercially effective approaches to innovating
- Simple and savvy methods which enable consumers to more honestly feedback on your NPD
- How a more entrepreneurial approach got us to market
Founder, Giant Peach
New ways of learning about new things
- How do people learn best?
- Why Virtual Reality is changing how people learn about new products
- Where is VR heading next?
- How could food brands embrace VR?
Fluent Innovation – Using Behavioural Science to Make Your Next Launch a Success
- A look at innovation through a behavioural science lens
- Understanding the role of feeling and fluency in innovation
- How to make innovation work when humans instinctively seek familiarity
- Case studies from the past and present
Client Director at System1 Research
ATTRACTIVE THINKING - No one ever achieved significant growth in their business without attracting additional customers
- Why customer loyalty is not an objective it is a result
- Why better product comes before better marketing
- How the best products build both emotional appeal and functional performance
- The five questions you must answer to create and sell better product
Award winning Gu Puds from a little-known brand to a global taste phenomenon
Deep dive into Premier foods portfolio
Nick Holden – Senior Insight Manager and Catherine Haigh – Insight Controller
Details to follow
Complete the form below to register your place and a member of our events team will be in touch shortly
Thanks for registering for the Insight for Innovation and NPD in uncertain times. We'll follow up shortly with the administration and payment details.