How to Give Brands an Innovative Edge | 30th October 2018
Chair: Darren Foley, FLY Brand & Design Consultancy
The Story of the Day:
Opening the conference will be Daniel Dumoulin, Founder of Sundance, an agency which specialises in creating the art of advantage. In this session, Daniel will look at how the world of brands is changing, the importance of innovation and how to stand out from the crowd.
Our second speaker is Shaun Jones, Founder of Prototipe. Shaun will be speaking on ‘The future – innovation or invention – what do we really want?’.
Following Shaun, speaker three will be Bill Harte, sharing his journey as the Founder of Creating Possibilities. Bill will be delving into a case study of the successes and failures faced by his business.
Tracy Sutton, Circular Economy Packaging Consultant at ROOT will address how to put the environment at the heart of your innovation strategy.
Then, James Reekie, Creative Director of Macmillan Cancer will share a view from another industry in his session titled ‘Branding saves lives!’.
Paula, Emma & Sam of Red Shoe Design will explore gender equality and what it means for brands and design in the future, with a particular focus on food and drink.
And finally, to close the day, Annie Morris will tell her story as the Founder of Spoon Cereals.
Throughout the day there will be interactive roundtable sessions addressing some of the most pressing challenges for the industry right now.
If you have any questions regarding the line-up for the day then please get in touch with: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve your seat here.
Agenda & Speakers
Founder | Sundance
HOW THE WORLD OF BRANDS IS CHANGING TO MEET CONSUMERS' NEEDS
- The power of experience v.s. purchase
- Value v.s. values: the power of a meaningful social purpose
- Virtual v.s. real life
- The proof is in the pudding: convincing highly cynical and savvy consumers
THE FUTURE - INNOVATION OR INVENTION - WHAT DO WE REALLY WANT?
- Are you Inventing or innovating – what’s the difference.
- Is it possible to invent without Elon’s resources?
- Innovation that has evolved from invention.
- To understand our needs, we need to understand our motivations
Founder | Prototipe
Circular Economy Packaging Consultant | Root Innovatoin
HOW TO PUT THE ENVIRONMENT AT THE HEART OF YOUR INNOVATION STRATEGY
- Increasing public awareness about marine litter and waste management problems across the globe.
- The shift in how brands and retailers prioritise the environment as part of their business strategy.
- How design thinking can be a powerful tool to help you solve complex technical and environmental problems, and ow applying this methodology can help you increase consumer engagement and avoid short-term distractions.
- Some examples of good practice from research trips around the world.
- Tangible takeaways to help you develop a category-leading innovation strategy for your brand and packaging.
A VIEW FROM ANOTHER INDUSTRY - "BRANDING SAVES LIVES!"
- Macmillan Cancer Support – how to create a brand and give it away.
Creative Director | Macmillan Cancer Support
Paula, Emma and Sam
Director & Founders | Red Shoe Design
GENDER EQUALITY AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR BRANDS AND DESIGN IN THE FUTURE
- Why, despite gender equality, marketing differently to men and women will still play a role
- Why the ‘shrink it and pink it’ and ‘bold and black approach” will no longer be effective
- Why a more intuitive approach will be essential to deliver greater brand experiences for both men and women
- Why a brands tone of voice and values will play an ever-increasing role through design.
HOW WE'RE MAKING BREAKFAST BETTER, ONE BOWL AT A TIME
- The Spoon story – launching as London’s first breakfast cereal pop-up to appearing on Dragons’ Den and launching into supermarket retailers.
- The mission – How is Spoon making breakfast better
- Spreading the word on a shoestring
- What’s next for Spoon?
Founder & Breakfast Lover | Spoon Cereals
- 9:00Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 9:40Conference begins
- 16:00Conference finishes