Global Trends – Driving Innovation in the UK and International Markets | 26th June 2018
Chair: Simon Waring, Managing Director at Green Seed UK
The global food and drink industry is forever evolving with changing consumer demands. In light of this, we are bringing together seven phenomenal speakers who are experts in their field. We aim to unravel global trends, looking at how we can continue to inspire audiences everywhere with innovative ideas.
This is an opportunity to ask questions, engage in discussion and find out how like-minded individuals are coping with challenging trends across the globe.
You can find further details about each talk below.
We hope you will be able to join us.
Reserve your seat here.
Agenda & Speakers
Trends & Innovation Director | Mintel
THE BIG PICTURE: GLOBAL TRENDS AND INNOVATION IN FOOD & DRINK
- Setting the scene – what’s happening in the innovation & renovation space, globally and locally?
- Which trends are driving innovation? Specifically looking at the growth trends, the fastest-growing claims, hot topics, and what’s working, with a focus on areas including:
Healthy lifestyle trends
All things natural
Approaches to sugar reduction
Permissibility and mindful snacking
FROM AUSTERITY NATION TO FOOD TECH INNOVATION
- Israel is synonymous with Technology and Innovation. During the last 20 years, this small country has managed to gain the title of Startup Nation.
- With the highest density of technology start-ups in the world, attracting more venture capital dollars per person than any other country, it is fascinating to try and understand the DNA of this phenomena.
- Why is Israel an exceptionally innovative country, and how is its emerging food tech community contributing to the global food tech revolution.
CEO | Lumeega
Marketing Director | Symington's
SELLING NOODLES TO CHINA
- Building a compelling brand – how to stand out in a mature and crowded category
- Innovation – meeting more consumer occasions
- Building a presence outside of the UK – which markets and why
MORE TASTE, LESS WASTE
- Why the food industry needs to consider sustainability.
- How SNACT is tackling food waste by creating healthy snacks.
- SNACT’s journey to using compostable packaging.
Co-founder | Snact
Editor | Packaging News
THE PLASTIC DEBATE AND PACKAGING INNOVATION
- How the debate started and the global sustainability challenge.
- The response from retailers and brands.
- Alternatives to plastics – their strengths and weaknesses.
- The plastic debate – unintended consequences or a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?
BREXIT AND ITS IMPACT ON F&B MANUFACTURING IN THE UK
- Comparison of historic drivers to innovation in the UK versus other countries.
- The current situation – what might happen and why.
- What companies could be doing…
Head of Food and Beverage | Grant Thornton
International Sales Director | Gü Puds
HOW TO WIN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
- Gü’s international journey.
- What’s gone well.
- Things we’ve learned!
- Some pointers for others ‘on the road’ to international success.
- 9:00Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 9:40Conference begins
- 16:00Conference finishes