Food to Go – Exciting Innovations and Well Packaged Inspiration | 27th March 2018
Chair: Jane Milton
Set to gain over £6 billion in the next 5 years according to IGD, Food to Go is a segment ripe for continued innovation. From forecourts to supermarkets, fast food to more traditional restaurants, in stations, airports and even onboard flights – vast opportunities abound, but there are also some unique challenges.
In March, we are joined by seven phenomenal speakers, take a look below for more information on each talk.
Spring 25% discount code: FDINSPRING18 (Valid until 20/03/18)
Agenda & Speakers
Head of Out of Home | Kantar Worldpanel
QUANTIFYING THE OUT OF HOME CONSUMPTION LANDSCAPE
- The OOH Landscape and quantifying the key measures.
- Trends over time – what’s changing and where is the growth potential?
- How does consumption differ in home vs OOH?
- Thoughts on how ‘on the go’ will evolve and impact the grocery sector.
IS THE EMERGENCE OF FOOD TO GO SHAPING THE WAY WE EAT OR ARE WE SHAPING FOOD TO GO?
- Throwing away the usual demographic model.
- What constitutes Food to Go? Understanding the eating and buying habits of the shopper.
- What is the consumer context surrounding its purchase?
- How could you tailor your products to meet the growing demand?
Founder | Contigo Management
Head of Food | EnRoute
THE CHANGING FACE OF AIRLINE FOOD PROVISION
- A captive audience – waiting to be disappointed or excited and impressed.
- The importance of an airline’s food choices – the impact it can have on the customers perception of their brand.
- Complimentary vs. buy on board – both an opportunity.
- Crew – why we can’t forget them.
POSITIVELY DISRUPTING THE RAPIDLY GROWING ON-THE-GO BREAKFAST MARKET
- Identifying opportunity – consumer shifts and their direct impact on breakfast product selection.
- The promised land of breakfast on-the-go and how C’go is leveraging that to disrupt the breakfast category.
- The C’go journey so far with the challenges and lessons learnt.
- Current status and the next steps for C’go.
Founder | C'go Drink
Business Advice Manager | The London Waste and Recycling Board
INNOVATIVE BUSINESS OFFERINGS FOR HELPING THE FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRY OPTIMISE RESOURCE CIRCULARITY
- Resource valorisation opportunities in a complex industry.
- Disruptive businesses in London that supply ‘circular’ food/packaging solutions and their link to the Food Waste Hierarchy.
- Thoughts on how food businesses could tackle waste differently, examples for hotels, restaurants, bakeries.
- Untapped opportunities and importance of the consumer experience.
MAKING FRUIT & VEG MORE APPEALING: THE CHALLENGES FOR CONVENIENCE AND A SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE PERSPECTIVE
- Why eat carrots (when crisps, cup cakes and chocolate are so much more convenient).
- Communicating & delivering ‘health’.
- New processing technologies to deliver real solutions.
- The land of opportunity Down Under (if you can produce and deliver profitably to 24 million people in a country 32 times the size of the UK).
VegDoctor & Food Scientist | MacTavish West Pty
Managing Director | Raynor Foods
TALES FROM A SIMPLE SON OF SANDWICH MAKER: HOW DAVID CHANGED THE GOLIATH THAT IS THE SANDWICH INDUSTRY
- Being in an industry before there was one.
- How innovation can help a company punch above its weight.
- How to keep on an even keel in a storm.
- What the future holds between two slices of Bread.
- 9:00Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 10:00Conference begins
- 16:00Conference finishes