Food Pioneers | 22nd May 2018
Chair: Neil Nugent, Director of Product Management at Iceland
To celebrate the diversity of the British food industry, we will welcome seven pioneers in food and drink to The FDIN, each sharing a unique and interesting perspective on the industry.
The day will be made up of informative roundtable sessions, speaker presentations and a number of networking opportunities.
We hope you can join us?
Reserve your seat here.
Agenda & Speakers
Director of Sustainability | Iceland
ICELAND’S PLASTIC-FREE PLEDGE AND CHANGING THE FUTURE OF SUPERMARKETS
- What inspired the decision to go plastic-free.
- What does it take to lead on helping solve one of the 21st Century’s biggest environmental challenges?
- Where the opportunities are for the food and drink industry.
- Why sustainability is paramount for future business success.
CONFESSIONS OF AN INSIGHT AGENCY TRYING TO HELP BRING SUCCESS TO THE WORLD OF INNOVATION
- The art of identifying a great insight, is it all about the consumer need?
- The need to reject ‘off-the-peg’ insights and looking for something fresh.
- Necessity, the mother of invention in the world of NPD.
- Can process replace passion for ‘big business’?
Partner | The Monday Project
UK Commercial Director | Recycling Lives
TACKLING FOOD POVERTY THROUGH RECYCLING PLASTIC
- About Recycling Lives – a unique recycling and waste management business aimed at tackling food poverty, homelessness and reoffending. It is a nationwide organisation supporting major businesses including Waitrose, Aldi, Lidl, Booths and Dr Oetker.
- How Recycling Lives works with the food industry to manage waste streams, offering closed-loop solutions for cardboard & plastic packaging.
- How they support food suppliers to manage their surplus stocks.
THE ADVENTURES OF JAM BOY
- Fraser will share the story of his journey from his Gran’s kitchen to supermarket shelves around the world.
- He’ll discuss how his ‘Super’ brand has expanded into peanut butter, honey and more.
- He will also talk about co-founding Beer52, the world’s largest craft beer club.
- Finally, he will tell us about his charity, ‘The SuperJam Tea Parties’.
Founder | SuperJam
Founder | Bigham's
THE STORY OF CHARLIE BIGHAM'S
- Starting a food business.
- Growing a food business.
- A few lessons learnt along the way…
A PIG'S TALE
- The story of Clarence Saunders – creator of the modern supermarket.
- A courageous innovator who got it wrong, got it right, was ahead of his time and lost everything.
Editor | Waitrose Magazine
Chief Toaster | Toast Ale
ENDING FOOD WASTE ONE BEER AT A TIME
- Starting a mission-driven drinks business
- International expansion and challenges of growth
- Raising impact investment
- Open sourcing & working towards systemic industry change
- 9:00Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 9:40Conference begins
- 16:00Conference finishes