We’re looking forward to our Nutrition Deep Dive Masterclass on Tuesday 7th March, 2017, at our usual venue in Central London. The event will cover the very latest on Protein, Fats, and Carbohydrates.
While the focus is on nutrition, we think it’s an event that all NPD and innovation people should come along to. We’ll be diving into issues like:
- How much protein do we need, and how do we promote and develop products accordingly.
- Is fat enjoying or about to enjoy a new lease of life.
- What is the very lastest data on carbs and which types are better than the others. Is sugar still one to avoid.
As ever, our focus will be practical and focused on products and product development. Come and meet the thought leaders. Places are limited so we encourage you to book early to ensure your place as well as take advantage of our extensive discounts.
Below is an early look at the agenda. We’ll be announcing the speakers next week but we’re excited to welcome FDIN regular, Dr. Carrie Ruxton, back as our chair of the event.
Agenda & Speakers
- Fats vs. Carbs – why are we still arguing about it?
- Why does it matter to consumers?
- Why does it matter to the food industry?
- The importance of trends in diet and nutrition and the talking up of protein.
- Seminar overview and what we’ll get out of today.
FATS AS INGREDIENTS: HEALTHY, UNHEALTHY OR NEITHER?
- Types of fats in the diet – different risks and benefits
- New evidence on saturated fats
- New evidence on unsaturated fats
- Functional fats for NPD – omega-3s.
- Health claims for fats and how to use them.
Prof. Philip Calder
Professor of Nutritional Immunology. University of Southampton
WHAT DO CONSUMERS THINK OF PROTEIN?
- Discover the consumers current knowledge levels regarding protein through authentic self filmed videos across Europe.
- Understand the importance of protein in the consumers changing diet & their key motivations for consumption.
- Uncover their main influencers and the on pack drivers which nudge the consumer to purchase
THE FALL AND RISE OF FAT
- Do we really need fat in the diet?
- The history of fat – why do we fear it?
- The high fat gurus and why they say what they do
- Where is the science heading now?
- Low fat or high fat – what should consumers eat?
PROTEIN: WHERE DOES IT FIT IN?
- Why we shouldn’t ignore protein
- Current protein recommendations – are they functional enough?
- New research on types of proteins and benefits (plant vs. animal)
- Ideas for protein NPD and examples of products
- Protein claims and how to use them.
LOW GI CARBS, 20 MINS
- Why is GI still relevant to health?
- Evidence for high and low GI diets
- Introducing isomaltulose – a low GI sugar
- Evidence on blood sugars and diabetes risk
- Evidence on sporting performance.
HAS SOCIAL MEDIA CHANGED THE WAY WE EAT
- The social media revolution: from ‘too much’ to 5:2
- The big ‘influencers’ and how they change the minds of consumers
- How do we perceive and project diet on social platforms
- Food meets sport; how this relationship works online
- Implications for NPD and corporate marketing strategy
CARBS, FAT OR PROTEIN FOR SPORT
- What is the most important macronutrient for exercising individuals?
- The evidence for high carb vs. high fat diets for sporting performance
- Is sugar something to be avoided in active individuals/sports people
- How much and what type of protein do active individuals need?
- What products are missing in the fitness and health market?
CARBS UNDER ATTACK
- What do we mean by carbohydrates – different types
- Why are high carb diets typically promoted by experts?
- The issue with high carb diets
- What’s the alternative?
- Options for NPD and future health claims.
- 8:45Breakfast for all
- 09:30Event begins
- 16:45Event finishes
Complete the form below to register your place and a member of our events team will be in touch shortly
Thanks for registering for the Nutrition Deep Dive Masterclass. We'll follow up shortly with the administration and payment details.