Our next seminar on Tuesday 25th April is all about something everyone can relate to, taste. We’re calling the event Everything You Need to Know About Taste But Were Too Afraid To Ask.
We’ve brought together an outstanding group of industry professionals’ to guide us through the maze of what is Taste. Plus Good Sense Research has undertaken a unique piece of research on our behalf.
Places at this event are disappearing fast now, so don’t delay booking your place any longer!
As-ever attendees will be sitting on table teams and moving tables throughout the day, so if you join us you’ll be properly meeting twenty or so peers working in food & drink.
THE EMERGING HEALTH PALATE – ARE WE TAPPING INTO THE TASTE BUDS OF THE MASSES OR CREATING NEW BUT REGIONAL NICHES?
Claire Nuttall (Chair), The Brand Incubator
- Learning’s from LA – where are new tastes in healthy food and drink heading?
- The key ingredient trends hot footing their way in healthier choices
- Consumer perspectives on new healthier foods – is taste being compromised in the quest to deliver healthier?
- 10 new tastes in healthy foods – ‘Healthy lifestyler’ feedback and insight
UNPICKING THE RESEARCH
Julia Harrington, Good Sense Research
- How consumers think and feel about taste a unique piece of research specially commissioned for this event
- What’s important to customers – video montage and results of the research.
- A live interactive session.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND TASTE
Dr David Baines, Baines Food Consultancy
- Examples of taste compounds on the EU Union List?
- What are taste modifiers and how are they different from taste enhancers?
- Compounds that modify the taste of sugar, salt and bitterness
- Understanding synergy to produce the optimum umami taste
- What is kokumi and how can it be exploited?
THE IMPACT FLAVOUR CHEMICALS AND INFLUENCES ON TASTE PERCEPTION
Steve Carter, Doehler’s UK based Flavourist
This will be a great practical session examining:
- The effect of flavour strength
- The importance of balancing additional ingredients in a recipe
- Other external influences on how something tastes
- And playing tricks with your taste buds
WHAT ENCOURAGES CONSUMERS TO TRIAL NEW FLAVOURS?
David Turner, Mintel
- What are the types of flavours consumers find interesting and appealing?
- The impact of street foods on savoury flavour trends
- Emerging flavour trends in sweet food categories
- Attitudes to sugar and sweeteners
Mike Faers, Food Innovations Solutions
- A Multisensory approach to developing taste why it’s important – how we actually taste
- Using all the senses to communicate taste – how to develop a multisensory product
- How food science & psychology can be used as a source of innovation
- Trends In the foodservice world that will impact FMCG in the future
WHY FOOD PAIRING IS MORE THAN A PASSING TREND
Dr Caroline Withers, Associate Director – Innovation & Sensory – MMR Research Worldwide
- Food & flavour pairings – history & basic principles
- More than a fad – Why pairings should be taken seriously
- The growing importance of experiential consumption
- Commercial advantage: examples across flavour development, merchandising and partnership
- Do try this at home: perfect pairings for you to experience…
HOW UNDERSTANDING THE SPECTRUM IMPROVES THE EXPERIENCE
Greg Tucker, The Marketing Clinic
- Taste as a sensory spectrum
- If Umami is #5 then what are # 6 & #7?
- Consumer behaviours around new tastes – neophobes vs neophyles in taste
- US and Japan – global leaders in Taste dynamics – what can they teach us about working with ‘New Tastes’?
Q&A’s IN THE MORNING AND AT THE END OF THE AFTERNOON
Plus table team brainstorming, spend time debating with your peers.
Plus a chance to win a Magnum of the Champagne
£550 + VAT
But if you are a genuinely small business, or a totally independent nutritionist with your own practice do let us know, and we might be able to offer you a special price.
20% further discount for booking two places at the same time. Making it £396
30% further discount for booking three places. Making it £346.50