As you may know, private label has seriously caught up with and, in many cases, overtaken the brand in terms of share, value and quality.
What was once deemed a ‘traditional’ basket full of brands has long gone.
That’s why we’ve laid on a raft of experts at out Private Label Versus The Brand summit coming up on Wednesday 22nd May.
Switzerland is now 90% Private Label … are we going the same way? What’s the right mix for the category?
Who takes Category Captainship? Can Private Label really focus on everything and bring the depth of insights that the brands can?
We’ve designed this programme to appeal to retailers, manufacturers and brand owners alike, and we’ve asked Alistair Vince of Watch Me Think to create and chair the day.
His company has just done a major self-ethnographic study of what consumers know and think they know about Private Label Versus The Brand.
We’ve also asked Adam Leyland, Editor of The Grocer, to chair a Q & A with a guest retailer, in his own inimitable edgy style.
PRIVATE LABEL VERSUS THE BRAND – HOW CONSUMER PERCEPTIONS ARE CHANGING.
Alistair Vince | Chief Tinkerer | Watch Me Think
• The calculating consumer and the value dynamic.
• What consumers think they know about private label.
• The importance of honesty.
• When “close enough” will do.
• While the packaging convinces … the product retains.
HOW MATTESSONS USES SOCIAL MEDIA TO DRIVE SALES IN FMCG.
Tom Gibson |Planning Director | Saatchi & Saatchi
• Identifying the right strategy and data to drive the campaign.
• Moving from TV to social to on-pack.
• The results speak for themselves.
• How to make “social” work hard for an fmcg brand.
REALISING THE POWER OF PRIVATE LABEL THROUGH FEARLESS CREATIVITY
Darren Foley | MD | Pearlfisher
• Retailer Brands are no longer the poor relation.
• Fearless, exciting and unconventional design is redressing the balance.
• Case study: Waitrose LOVE life.
• Future challenges for Private Label showing how the retailer has got ahead of the game.
CASE STUDY – THE EMERGENCE OF PRIVATE LABEL AS BRAND.
Steve Esom | Ex MD Waitrose | Plus Claire Nuttall | Founder Thrive
WINNING THROUGH INSIGHT
Meldrum Duncan | CEO | Meldrumandco
• What consumers can’t or won’t tell you.
• What’s really going on in their heads.
• Getting your insight to work harder for you.
• Going beyond consumers.
• Going beyond the research team.
USING TASTE TO CREATE A UNIQUE PRIVATE LABEL FINGERPRINT?
Mike Faers | MD | Food Innovation Solutions
• In the beginning … the retailer as brand.
• Now, with Waitrose ingredients, everyone’s a chef.
• How retailers can use taste to create their a unique brand fingerprint.
• Some pointers for Private Label Development.
A PRODUCER’S VIEW OF THE VALUE EQUATION.
Gillian Kynoch | Head Of Development & Innovation | Albert Bartlett & Sons
• Understanding and tackling a steady decline in consumption.
• NPD challenges in fresh produce and adding value to a commodity product.
• Building a Brand in fresh produce.
• Private Label versus brand strategy.
• Three table team brainstormings so you can work with peers on how to take forward your new ideas.
• End of the day Q & A … a chance to pose your questions to the panel of experts.
• A chance to win a Magnum of Finest Champagne.
Staverton Park Conference Centre, Daventry, Northants.
Directions are on the Staverton Park Website
Doors open for early birds: 8:00 am
Breakfast for all from: 8:00 am
Seminar begins: 9:00 am
Coffee/Buffet Lunch/Tea: TBC
Seminar finishes: 4:45 pm latest
£475 + VAT.
Discounts available for multi-bookings. See below
(Don’t let the low price fool you, we’re a non commercial best practice club and run the best attended seminars in the industry).
10% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ENDS APRIL 5th
For more information or to book a place click here.