The Co-operative Food is extending its ready-to-cook “Eat In” range with a selection of seven new products which provide alternatives to home-cooked dishes.
At the same time, the entire Eat In range is re-launching with a fresh new look in Co-operative Food stores nationwide.
The Eat In range consists of ready-prepared, main meals and side dishes for two that can be cooked in the oven and served up with no fuss.
All the chicken and pork used in the range is British and reared to The Co-operative’s higher-welfare Elmwood standard, and the other meat and fish used is also British.
Several of the dishes in the range have “green dots” on the packaging, indicating that they are low in fat or saturated fats, or provide one of your “five a day.”
Kate Jones, Head of Product Development at The Co-operative Food, said:
“The Eat In range is being extended due to the rise in popularity of these ready-prepared products.
“We’re seeing more people choosing to stay in and cook a meal rather than spending money on an expensive meal out, and these delicious dishes are perfect for these occasions.”
A selection of new dishes, including a pork loin joint with barbecue drizzle and a tasty vegetable tagine, will join the existing Eat In range on 17 October 2012, to provide shoppers with fresh new products and more choice.
The new Eat In main dishes consist of:
- The Co-operative Eat In British Elmwood Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella, Asparagus & Smoked Bacon 336g £4.00
- The Co-operative Eat In British Elmwood Chicken Breasts with Tandoori Sauce 341g £3.50
- The Co-operative Eat In Vegetable Tagine 600g £3.50
- The Co-operative Eat In Butter Basted Turkey Joint 450g £4.79
- The Co-operative Eat In British Elmwood Pork Joint with Barbecue Drizzle 500g £4.79
The new Eat In side dishes are:
- The Co-operative Eat In Mediterranean Vegetables 400g £2.00
- The Co-operative Eat In Chorizo Potatoes 400g £2.00
For further information and local store details click here to visit the website.