Goodfella’s has announced the launch of Superiore, the brand’s new look premium pizza range.
Superiore is inspired by the success of the Flatbread range, building on consumers’ buying into a more authentic, pizzeria-style experience at home.
The Superiore range comprises of three varieties:
· Margherita with Pesto – Mozzarella cheese combined with diced Italian tomatoes and topped with a drizzle of pesto
· Pepperoni Speciale – Mozzarella cheese, slices of seasoned pepperoni, Italian-style ham and green peppers
· Chicken Arrabiata – Mozzarella cheese and roasted chicken, finished off with hot Roquito Peppers
In keeping with Italian pizzerias, each Goodfella’s Superiore pizza has a thin and crispy 11 inch base.
Additional elements that put the ‘super’ into Superiore pizza include:
· The dough undergoes a fermentation process of over three hours
· The base is made using extra virgin olive oil
· All Superiore pizzas are cooked over Italian stones
· The improvements aren’t just found inside the box, as the distinctive packaging design reinforces the product’s pizzeria style credentials.
Charlotte Wicks, Assistant Brand Manager at Goodfella’s said:
“We are delighted to be launching Superiore.
“Whilst we were pleased with the success of Flatbread, we are always looking at ways to meet customers’ expectations and feel that the new name, improved product and distinctive packaging will reinforce Goodfella’s Italian pizzeria credentials and add more interest to the category.
“The consumer demand for ultra thin, authentic pizza continues to grow year on year, and we’re confident that sales of Superiore will reflect this.”
Goodfella’s Superiore is available at major multiples and in convenience channels with a MRSP of £2.99.