Following the launch of the Heinz Pasta Pouches range, Heinz is adding a new flavour – Bolognese Sauce with Penne – to help consumers ‘liven up their lunch time’ with more variety and drive sales of the range.
Available on shelf from July with an RRP of £1.39, the new microwaveable pouch contains penne pasta in a bid to tap in to what has been named Britain’s favourite pasta sauce, Bolognese.
Aiming to offer convenient and quick complete meal solution, it contains ‘one of your five a day’ and has no artificial colours or flavours.
Heinz Pasta Pouches are an alternative to sandwiches, offering a hot option for lunch.
The modern and colourful packaging is vacuum sealed and carries key shopper cues, aiming to help consumers to easily identify them on shelf.
Since the launch of Heinz Pasta Pouches in July 2011, the range has contributed to the +11.6% value growth of the category through delivering 88% incremental value sales for the Pasta Meals category.
The pasta category is worth £106.5m.
Within this, there are various sectors: Kids Pasta covers 64% of the category, whilst Pasta Meals form the remaining 36%.
Heinz has a 71.6% share of the category.