It’s seminar time again and we’re starting the new season with the topic that’s top-of-mind for the majority of us which is, of course, the New European Health Claims Regulations which will be effective in Quarter 4, just in time for Christmas!
Even the seemingly innocent products, without even a touch of health positioning about them, can have some healthy inference which shouldn’t be there.
Or looked at the other way, for some products we can say more about their benefits than we might think.
So with under twelve months to go we’re sure that you’re well ahead with re-vamped and maybe re-named brands, new packaging, re-written websites and updated messaging.
But our researchers tell us that as the legislation is unfolding we should have a cross-industry check-in to discuss the finer points of what we need to stop saying what we can keep saying and what we might want to start saying in relation to health and what you sell.
So we’ve asked regulatory expert Dr Nino Binns, and Nutrition Business guru Julian Mellentin to pull together a special briefing day which they will be co-chairing.
Called Who Needs Health Claims? it’s on Wednesday 21st March at our usual venue in Daventry Northants and we’ll be drawing on a whole raft of case studies to inspire us so that we’ll understand how to market healthy foods without health claims and how to make the most of the claims we can use.
We’re offering a 10% discount if you book before the end of January.
We’re also giving you an extra 20% off that price if two of you book on together at the same time, or even 30% if three of you want to make it a team event!
THE REGULATORY MAZE.
Dr Nino Binns Bsc (Co-Chair).
Consultant in nutrition & regulatory affairs.
• New Health Claims Regulations.
• When do we have to comply?
• What’s allowed and what is not?
• More to come – nutrient profiles.
WHO NEEDS HEALTH CLAIMS?
Julian Mellentin (Co-Chair).
MD, New Nutrition Business.
• Case studies galore for success with and without health claims.
• What can we learn from other markets.
• How to capitalise on opportunities – think out of the box.
• Regulatory perspectives – are they legal?
GAINS AND LOSSES IN THE HEALTH CLAIM ARENA.
Janice Harland, Director, HarlandHall Associates.
• Energy – just what can be claimed now?
• Digestive health – a marketing success story, but who are the winners for claims?
• What’s on the horizon for weight loss claims?
• Movement – muscle, bone and joint health – more than just calcium?
• Other key health/wellness areas from the Ten Top Trends.
THE ROLE OF PR IN COMMUNICATING HEALTH BENEFITS.
Caroline Cooper, Director Health, MSL London.
• Conveying health with or without a health claim.
• Driving the conversation – engagement, word of mouth, advocacy.
• Looking at case studies … what works.
• Top tips for a healthy PR campaign.
GLOBAL AND LOCAL PRODUCT & MARKET TRENDS.
David Jago, Global Insights Director, GNPD Mintel.
• Trends for new wellness products.
• Line extensions with/without health claims .
• Success of products without and without health and nutrition claims.
• Foods vs. supplements – where are the strong trends.
• Top Ten Trends – true for the UK?
RETAILERS, CATEGORIES, SHOPPERS AND CONSUMERS.
Ed Garner, Communications Director, Kantar Worldpanel.
• Do health claims drive sales?
• Who is buying what in the wellness market?
• Who is influenced by nutrition/health claims?
BRANDING FOR HEALTH CLAIMS.
Claire Nuttall, Director, 1HQ.
• Challenges facing name-changes.
• How to change your name and not lose your audience.
• Optimum branding for the next generation of health claims.
PLUS CASE STUDIES.
Fonterra – Graceful ageing – the ultimate trend.
Plus others to be confirmed.
• Three table team brainstormings so you can work with peers on how to take forward your new ideas.
• End of the day Q & A … a chance to pose your questions to the panel of experts.
• A chance to win a Magnum of Finest Champagne.
Doors open for early birds: 8:00 am
Breakfast for all from: 8:00 am
Seminar begins: 9:00 am
Coffee/Buffet Lunch/Tea: TBC
Seminar finishes: 4:45 pm latest
£425 + VAT.
(Don’t let the low price fool you, we’re a non commercial best practice club and run the best attended seminars in the industry).
10% early bird discount if you book on before the end of January.
20% discount for booking two places at the same time.
30% discount for booking three places.
For more information or to book a place on this seminar, click here to visit the webpage.