Heinz is launching a new TV commercial for its ‘Heinz Pasta Pouches’ – a new range of complete microwaveable meal solutions.
The campaign aims to drive further awareness and sales of the range which launched in July, as well as re-invigorate the pasta meals category.
The 30 second commercial airs for the first time on 5th September and will be backed up by 10 second cut downs.
Programming highlights include X Factor and Loose Women.
The advert shows how Heinz Pasta Pouches make for a more ‘lively lunchtime.’
Using stop frame animation, an entire kitchen becomes transformed with kitchen utensils coming to life, while a Heinz Pasta Pouch is being cooked in the microwave.
The microwaveable Heinz Pasta Pouches have been designed to appeal as convenient and quick meal solutions that offer a hot alternative to sandwiches at lunchtime.
In addition, they contain ‘one of the recommended five a day’ and have no artificial colours or flavours.
The Heinz Pasta Pouches range is available in the following varieties:
- · Creamy Mushroom & Red Pepper Sauce with Penne (250g)
- · Cheese & Tomato Tortellini in Tomato Sauce (250g)
- · Spicy Tomato & Pepperoni Sauce with Fusilli (250g)
- · Mediterranean Vegetable & Mascarpone Sauce with Penne (250g)
Jack Wallace, Senior Brand Manager Heinz Kids & Pasta Meals, said:
“Heinz Pasta Pouches aim to revolutionise consumers’ eating habits in relation to pasta meals.
The striking TV commercial conveys the excitement around the new range by capturing the audience’s attention.
“By using stop frame animation techniques, we have achieved a charming yet impactful ad, whilst ensuring that our key messages are conveyed in a compelling way.
“Our research has revealed that consumers found the advert engaging, and we are confident it will drive purchase of the new range as well as incremental category sales.
“Heinz is dedicated to looking for new ways to drive value in the pasta meals category and the new advertising campaign aims to build on this.
“The Heinz Pasta Pouches range demonstrates how Heinz is harnessing consumer trends, continuing to drive innovation and ensuring the category is relevant and exciting for consumers.”
The campaign will cost £2 million and will be supported by in-store activity.
The pasta category is worth £104.8 million. Within this, there are various sectors: kids pasta covers 64% of the category, whilst pasta meals form the remaining 36%. Heinz has a 70.1% share of the category.