Royal Crown cola (RC cola) has been launched in the UK, offering the market a cola alternative in time for the summer.
Royal Crown cola was born out of the efforts of a young pharmacist in Columbus, Georgia; Claude A. Hatcher began creating his own soft drinks and the results of his experiments became the American soft drink RC cola.
Created in 1905, RC cola is one of America’s original colas and is already available across the globe in over 45 countries and is now available in Asda stores nationwide.
RC cola built up its brand name by introducing a series of industry firsts:
1950s – First to sell soft drinks nationally in cans and to introduce the 16 ounce bottle
- 1960s – First to introduce a low-calorie diet cola, Diet Rite, and the all aluminium beverage can
- 1980s – First to introduce a caffeine free diet cola, RC 100 and a diet cherry cola Diet Cherry RC
- RC cola is a part of American popular culture:
- Television/Movies –RC was featured in the Jerry Lewis movie, The Nutty Professor and The Green Mile with Tom Hanks.
- Celebrity Endorsements – RC cola enhanced advertising with the use of celebrities such as Bing Crosby, Joan Crawford, Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Elizabeth Scott and Hedy Lamarr.
The brand’s image remains rooted in its 1950’s American heritage and it’s retro packaging, logo and advertising hope to appeal to both a young and adult consumer base.
A 2 litre bottle of RC cola retails at £1.28, while the 6 x 330ml multi-packs retails at £1.87.
For more information click here to visit the website.