Uncle Ben’s has launched a new flavour sauce – Hot Curry Indian sauce – a hot and spicy blend of tomatoes, onions, peppers and chillies.
Containing chunks of vegetables and aromatic spices such as ginger, garlic and coriander, new Hot Curry is confident it will deliver consumers with an alternative indian style sauce to the table.
Uncle Ben’s suggest their new sauce be enjoyed with beef, lamb, prawns or chicken, achieving a home-cooked taste with ease.
Uncle Ben’s’ have come up with a range of recipe ideas hoping to inspire consumers to use the new sauce in a range of different ways.
Uncle Ben’s lamb and courgette curry:
1 jar Uncle Ben’s Hot Curry sauce
500g lamb fillet, cubed
1 red onion, sliced
2 courgettes, sliced into batons
3 tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the lamb and fry for 6-8mins or until browned.
2. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2mins.
3. Add the Uncle Ben’s Hot Curry sauce with half a jar of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for
20mins or until the lamb is tender.
4. Stir in the courgettes and tomatoes and simmer for a further 5mins or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Serve straight away with naan bread.
Uncle Ben’s also suggest vegetarian consumers can enjoy the new sauce, adding it to vegetable dishes to increase flavour.
Use butternut squash, sweet potato and yellow peppers instead of lamb for a veggie version.
Containing no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, and made with traditional ingredients found in Indian cuisine the new Indian Hot Curry sauce is confident it will appeal to a range of consumers who enjoy a healthy, balanced, diet.
The new Uncle Ben’s Hot Curry Indian sauce is stocked in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda with an RRP of £1.69.