Laverstoke Park Farm is promoting its Barbecue offering. and has created a Barbecue Box enough for a party of eight, which contains buffalo burgers, traditional pork sausages, pork spare ribs and organic beef rump minute steaks – from the farm’s slow growing Hereford and Angus cross – available online at www.laverstokepark.co.uk
Laverstoke’s claims its meats are second to none – the farm’s creator Jody Scheckter comments – “Our livestock grazes on the farm’s pastures which are sown with 31 herbs, grasses and clovers based on our founding principle that all good food and indeed our health depends upon the food our animals eat. In addition the health and vitality of the soil is 90% of what good farming should be about, to this end we have invested heavily in producing the best soil possible and our soil laboratory is dedicated to ensuring the finest biodynamic conditions”.
The 2,000 strong Buffalo herd at Laverstoke produces a meat so tender, it is akin to the very best quality beef – which as an underdeveloped bovine is naturally lower in fat and cholesterol than beef. The herd also produces the sweetest tasting milk and Laverstoke Park Farm Buffalo Mozzarella.
Laverstoke goes on to claim “No BBQ is complete without some liquid refreshment and Laverstoke’s traditional bottle conditioned ales and lagers – available at Sainsbury’s – both possess a full flavor produced by master brewers using collected and grown traditional varieties of hops and barley.
“The secret to Laverstoke’s ale and larger is the continuous testing of the soils by the farm’s miro- biology laboratory and the adding of compost and compost teas to ensure the right balance of beneficial bacteria and fungi for the hops and barley to be at their best… But if that all sounds too technical, put in layman’s terms – it’s the perfect accompaniment to cool down the master chef on the coals!
• Sainsbury’s are also now stocking Laverstoke’s Back Bacon- organic and nitrate free smoked and unsmoked.
• Sainsbury’s will be stocking mozzarella, buffalo milk, buffalo bacon, buffalo sausages, pork sausages, burgers, ale and beer from 31st May.
• Laverstoke’s Ale and Lager is a supermarket exclusive for Sainsbury’s.
• Laverstoke Park Farm was founded by Ferrari Formula One World Champion Jody Scheckter in 1996 to create the best tasting, healthiest food for his family and himself, today Laverstoke Park is leading the way in Biodynamic Farming methods in the UK. The 2,500 acres are certified as Biodynamic by Demeter & the parkland is certified as Organic by the Soil Association.
• Laverstoke has its own farm abbatoir, chacuterie, dairy processing facility for making mozzarella and ice creams.