Thorntons is re-launching its ever popular Mother’s Day gift offering, which includes consumer favourites such as, I Love Mum chocolate truffle cups and last years successful Premium Collection Box.
The Mother’s Day range has been updated for 2010. The new peach coloured packaging of the I Love Mum Cups is sure to create stand-out on shelf and retailing at just £2.99 it offers consumers real value for money.
Barry Bloomer, MD of Thorntons Sales and Operations says: “Mothers Day is always an important date in our calendar and our *Brand Tracker Survey shows it is an important one with our consumers too, as two thirds of people questioned chose Thorntons as their preferred brand at Mothers Day.
“To keep the range looking fresh and modern, we choose to up-date the packaging and bring back last years two most popular products.”
Scrumptious by Thorntons will also be on supermarket shelves in time for Mother’s Day. This stylish new box of single origin chocolates is perfect for Mums who love to be on trend and what better accessory than this beautiful collection, retailing at just £4.99.
Thorntons Mother’s Day range will be available in leading supermarkets and convenience stores from March. For full product range information and stockist enquiries, please contact Thorntons Commercial team on 01773 542392 or visit
www.thorntons.co.uk for more information.
Thorntons Mother’s Day product RRP list:
I love Mum Cups £2.99
Premium Collection £5.99
• Thorntons is the number one ‘Chocolate and Confectionery’ brand in the UK according to Superbrands’ latest research.
• Established by Joseph William Thornton in 1911, Thorntons is one of the UK’s oldest chocolate retailers, headquartered in Derbyshire with more than 4,000 employees.
• Thorntons has 379 own stores, 37 of which have their own café, and 250 franchise stores across the country, as well as a strong direct (www.thorntons.co.uk) and commercial business, supplying all major supermarkets.
• Products range from gift selections, chocolate blocks to toffee and ice cream.
• Keith Hurdman is Thorntons Master Chocolatier. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Keith is an unusual phenomenon for the British chocolate industry as a home grown talent with extensive training with some of Europe’s finest confectioners and chocolatiers in Belgium, Switzerland and France. He is now widely recognised as one of the UK’s most talented chocolatiers. Keith has won a number of other awards including the International Belgian Chocolate Award and the highly acclaimed ‘Truffe d’ Or’ in 2000 as Champion Confectioner of Switzerland.