The Chairman and trustees of the André Simon Food and Drink Book Awards are delighted to announce the shortlist for the 2009 award short-list is announced.
The André Simon Food and Drink Book Awards have been presented every year since 1980 in recognition of the best writing and original research in the fields of food and drink. André Simon was the charismatic leader if the English wine trade who was the President of the Wine and Food Society. The winning authors receive £2000.
The shortlisted food books are:
- Adventures with Chocolate by Paul A Young published by Kyle Cathie
- Catching Fire by Richard Wrangham published by Profile Books
- Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen published by Kyle Kathie
- The Italian Cookery Course by Katie Caldesi published by Kyle Cathie
- The Song of Sapa by Luke Nguyen published by Murdoch Books
- The Vegetarian Option by Simon Hopkinson published by Quadrille Publishing
The shortlisted drink books are:
- Asian Palate – Jeannie Cho Lee MW published by Asset Publishing and Research
- Collio by Carla Capalbo published by Pallas Athene
- The Finest Wines of Champagne by Michael Edwards published by Aurum Press
- What Price Bordeaux? published by Benjamin Lewin MW published by Wine Appreciation Guild/Vendange
The winners will be announced in Spring 2010